Rules of entry to TurkmenistanFor the attention of passengers arriving in Turkmenistan during the pandemic COVID-19 by special flights
Turkmenhowayollary Agency hereby informs you that in accordance with the decision of the Interdepartmental State Commission on prevention of the occurrence and spread of Coronavirus infection of COVID-19 type in Turkmenistan, the air service of Turkmenistan with other countries is limited. This does not apply to repatriation flights that are allowed to be operated by the foreign carriers to Turkmenistan with servicing aircraft and passengers International Airport, if there is a special permission received in accordance with the established procedure.
Also, as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan, it is required that nationals, upon arrival in Turkmenistan, carry the following medical documents:
- have undergone polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing (not less than 72 hours from the date of issue);
- chromatographic determination of antibodies (IgM, IgG) in the blood (not less than 72 hours from the date of issue);
- have vaccination certificate against COVID-19.
Nationals, upon arrival in Turkmenistan, will have to undergo a 21-day quarantine.
Failure to produce abovementioned medical documents is the basis for refusing a citizen entry to Turkmenistan.
Citizens departing from Turkmenistan are obliged to comply with the current requirements of the state authorities of the countries to which these citizens are travelling (providing a test and other requirements for entry into the territory of these States).
Citizens of Turkmenistan and persons holding a residence permit in Turkmenistan are advised to refrain from travelling or transiting to or through countries of infectious disease (according to the WHO list).Passengers who have a positive test will not be accepted on the flight. Passengers departing from Turkmenistan should familiarize themselves in advance with the rules of the country of destination. Please click here for more information. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php.
The persons listed below are allowed on these flights:
- Citizens of Turkmenistan;
- Employees and heads of diplomatic missions and consulates in Turkmenistan and their family members;
- Foreign nationals whose family members (spouses, parents, brothers, sisters,, children, grandparents or grandchildren) are citizens of Turkmenistan as well as family members of such passengers - their spouses, parents and children;
- Foreign nationals who have a work permit to work in Turkmenistan.
- Foreign nationals who have a permanent or temporary residence permit in Turkmenistan, as well as their family members (parents, spouses or children under the age of 18);
During check-in all of the abovementioned categories of passengers must provide a certificate of PCR-test negative for coronavirus received within 72 hours before departure No PCR test is required for children under one year of age. The age of the child is supposed to be taking into account the departure date.
In addition Turkmenhowayollary Agency informs that the international airports of Turkmenistan: Ashgabat International Airport, Turkmenbashi International Airport, Turkmenabat International Airport, Kerki International Airport, Dashoguz International Airport, Mary International Airport are open for accepting and servicing aircrafts, both for technical stops and for landings with crew rest in the hotel of a landing airport for no more than 72 hours, provided the crew has the PCR certificate for COVID-19 (not less than 72 hours from the moment of issuance) or a certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 issued no later than 42 days before the date of arrival).
Requests to obtain permits to land at airports in Turkmenistan must be sent 24 hours prior to the planned landing of the aircraft.Turkmenistan Airlines of Turkmenistan, currently operates cargo flights on Ashgabat-Frankfurt-Turkmenebat route with a frequency of two flights per week, Turkmenabat-Beijing-Turkmenebat route with the frequency of three flights per week, Turkmenabat-Stambul-Turkmenebat route with the frequency of one flight per week, Turkmenabat-Almaty-Turkmenebat route with the frequency of one flight per week, Turkmenabat-Bangkok-Turkmenebat route with the frequency of one flight per week.