Ashgabat International Airport is located at important crossroads of regional and interregional transport corridors and thus has solid transit potentials. Having an extremely favorable geographical location and low cost of jet fuel as well as ground handling the airport has a unique ability to perform technical stops.
For customer convenience the airport cargo terminal has agent-offices for the sale of airline freights. It also has customs clearance of the consignment and transfer of cargos via Ashgabat to other Turkmenistan and overseas airports. The terminal is equipped with modern equipment:
- loaders for containers and pallets
- tow-truck for container carts
- automotive belt conveyors
- lines for processing containers and pallets
- lifting and orderpicker equipment
- weighing equipment.